People are always complaining there’s not a comprehensive list of XC/endurance mountain bike races in Colorado and Wyoming… with so many promoters, it definitely can be hard and a lot of lists out there miss out on several big races and series (or ignore the awesomeness that is Wyoming mountain bike racing). So here it is, the one many try to copy and rarely succeed… the one and the only comprehensive race calendar, big and small races alike, Wyoming included!
I have began posting 2023 dates as they trickle in!
If you know of an event I have missed, please comment below with details/website. This list is specifically for mountain bike events, please see my gravel calendar if the event is more that style. Thanks!
I pulled all these dates off the official event websites and communications with race directors. Please check official websites for any changes/cancellations – I will try to note when possible, but sometimes I cannot keep up. Also several races on this list are lottery-entry, or sell out pretty darn quickly, so always check websites for full registration details and processes.
Last updated 3/16/2023
- January 7, 2023 – Winterbike – Copper Mountain, CO (Fat Bike)
- January 21, 2023 – Leadville Winter Mountain Bike Series: Colorado Cup – Leadville, CO (Fat Bike)
- January 21, 2023 – Cottonwood Crusher – Buena Vista, CO (Fat Bike)
- February 3, 2023 – Alley Loop Fat Bike Race – Crested Butte, CO (Fat Bike)
- February 4, 2023 – Leadville Winter Mountain Bike Series: Tennessee Pass Night Jam – Leadville, CO (Fat Bike)
- February 9-11, 2023 – Wyoming Senior Olympics – Laramie, WY (Fat Bike)
- February 12, 2023 – Snow Dawg – Laramie, WY (Fat Bike)
- February 18, 2023- Frisco Freeze – Frisco, CO (Fat Bike)
- March 4, 2023 – Leadville Winter Mountain Bike Series: Mineral Belt Mayhem – Leadville, CO (Fat Bike)
- March 4, 2023 – Chubby Chaser – Laramie, WY (Fat Bike)
- March 10-12, 2023 – The Drift – Pinedale, WY (Fat Bike)
- March 18, 2023 – Leadville Winter Mountain Bike Series: Fatty Patty – Leadville, CO (Fat Bike)
- April 1, 2023 – The Bear – Bear Creek Lake State Park, CO (XC)
- April 5, 2023 – Salida Enduro Series – Salida, CO (Enduro)
- April 8, 2023- Leadville Winter Mountain Bike Series: East Side Epic – Leadville, CO (Fat Bike)
- April 12, 2023 – Salida Enduro Series – Salida, CO (Enduro)
- April 19, 2023 – Salida Enduro Series – Salida, CO (Enduro)
- April 23, 2023 – Royal Gorge Groove – Canon City, CO (XC/Endurance)
- April 26, 2023 – Salida Enduro Series – Salida, CO (Enduro)
- April 29-30, 2023 – Fangdango – Castle Rock, CO (XC)
- April 30, 2023 – Salida Enduro Series – Salida, CO (Enduro)
- May 5-6, 2023 – 18 Hours of Fruita – Fruita, CO (Endurance)
- May 5-6. 2023 – Grand Junction Ride & Vibes – Grand Junction, CO
- May 6, 2023 – Sarlacc Attack 50k – Fruita, CO (Endurance)
- May 13, 2023 – Royal Gorge Six & Twelve – Canon City, CO (Endurance)
- May 13, 2023 – 12 Hours of Mesa Verde – Cortez, CO (Endurance)
- May 24, 2023 – Summit Mountain Challenge: Frisco Roundup – Frisco, CO (XC)
- May 27-28, 2023 – Gunnison Growler – Gunnison, CO (XC/Endurance)
- May 27-28, 2023 – Grand Enduro – Grand Junction, CO (Enduro)
- May 28, 2023 – Iron Horse Bicycle Classic Subaru MTB Race – Durango, CO (XC)
- May 29, 2023 – MGXC – Elbert, CO (XC)
- May 31, 2023 – Session Series – Floyd Hill, CO (Enduro)
- May 31, 2023 – Eagle Ranch Classic – Eagle, CO (XC)
- June 3, 2023 – ERock Sunrise to Sunset – Castle Rock, CO (Endurance)
- June 7, 2023 – Mid Week Melee – Bear Creek Lake State Park, CO (XC)
- June 7, 2023 – Summit Mountain Challenge: Country Boy Contest – Frisco, CO (XC)
- June 7, 2023 – Session Series – Floyd Hill, CO (Enduro)
- June 8-11, 2023 – GoPro Mountain Games – Vail, CO (XC)
- June 14, 2023 – Daveos Dash – Vail, CO (XC)
- June 17, 2023 – The Hundo – Bailey, CO (Endurance)
- June 21, 2023 – Mid Week Melee – Bear Creek Lake State Park, CO (XC)
- June 21-25, 2023 – Junior Bike Week – Crested Butte, CO
- June 21, 2023 – Summit Mountain Challenge: Soda Creek Scramble – Keystone, CO (XC)
- June 21, 2023 – Session Series – Floyd Hill, CO (Enduro)
- June 24, 2023 – Winter Park Classics: Point to Point – Winter Park, CO (XC)
- June 24, 2023 – Bear Bait 8 – Casper, WY (Endurance)
- June 28, 2023 – Session Series – Floyd Hill, CO (Enduro)
- June 28, 2023 – Son of Middle Creek Enduro – Vail, CO (XC/Enduro)
- July 4, 2023 – Firecracker 50 – Breckenridge, CO (Endurance)
- July 5, 2023 – Minturn Mini – Minturn, CO (Kids Only XC)
- July 8, 2023 – Telluride 100 – Telluride, CO (Endurance)
- July 8-9, 2023 – Big Mountain Enduro – Durango, CO (Enduro)
- July 9, 2023 – Silver Rush 50 – Leadville, CO (Endurance)
- July 12, 2023 – Highlands Ranch MTB Series – Highlands Ranch, CO (XC)
- July 19, 2023 – Summit Mountain Challenge: Copper Mountain Melee – Copper Mountain, CO (XC)
- July 19, 2023 – Beaver Creek Blast – Beaver Creek, CO (XC)
- July 19, 2023 – Highlands Ranch MTB Series – Highlands Ranch, CO (XC)
- July 22, 2023 – Sunrise to Sunset Winter Park – Winter Park, CO (Endurance)
- July 22-23, 2023 – Colorado State MTB Championships – Copper Mountain, CO (XC)
- July 26, 2023 – Highlands Ranch MTB Series – Highlands Ranch, CO (XC)
- July 28-30, 2023 – Leadville Stage Race – Leadville, CO (Endurance)
- July 29, 2023 – Laramie Range Epic – Laramie, WY (XC/Endurance)
- July 29, 2023 – Winter Park Classics: Super Loop – Winter Park, CO (XC)
- August 2, 2023 – Berry Creek Blast – Edwards, CO (XC)
- August 2, 2023 – Highlands Ranch MTB Series – Highlands Ranch, CO (XC)
- August 4-5, 2023 – Trestle Gravity Series – Winter Park, CO (Downhill)
- August 5, 2023 – Pierre’s Hole – Alta, WY (Endurance)
- August 5, 2023 – New Castle Dirty Dozen MTB Race – New Castle, CO (XC)
- August 5, 2023 – Emerald Mountain Epic – Steamboat Springs, CO (Endurance)
- August 5, 2023 – Snowmass 50 – Aspen, CO (Endurance)
- August 9, 2023 – Summit Mountain Challenge: Basin Burnout – Arapahoe Basin Ski Area, CO (XC)
- August 12, 2023 – Leadville Trail 100 – Leadville, CO (Endurance)
- August 13-18, 2023 – Breck Epic – Breckenridge, CO (Endurance)
- August 16, 2023 – Camp Hale Hup – Camp Hale, CO (XC)
- August 26, 2023 – Lake City Alpine 50 – Lake City, CO (Endurance)
- August 26, 2023 – Winter Park Classics: Tipperary Classic – Winter Park, CO (XC)
- August 26-27, 2023 – Colorado High School MTB League – TBD (High School XC)
- August 30, 2023 – Summit Mountain Challenge: Peaks Time Trial – Breckenridge, CO (XC)
- August 30, 2023 – Vail Grind – Vail, CO (XC)
- September 1-3, 2023 – Trestle Gravity Series – Winter Park, CO (Downhill)
- September 3, 2023 – Grand Traverse Mountain Bike – Aspen, CO (Endurance)
- September 8-10, 2023 – Pikes Peak Apex – Colorado Springs, CO (Endurance)
- September 9-10, 2023 – Colorado High School MTB League – TBD (High School XC)
- September 17, 2023 – Firebird 50k – Eagle, CO (Endurance)
- September 17, 2023 – Bearlodge Mountain Classic – Sundance, WY (XC)
- September 23-24, 2023 – Colorado High School MTB League – TBD (High School XC)
- September 30, 2023 – Gowdy Grinder – Curt Gowdy State Park, WY (XC)
- October 1, 2023 – Beti Bike Bash – Lakewood, CO (Women Only XC)
- October 7-8, 2023 – Colorado High School MTB League – TBD (High School XC)
- October 21-22, 2023 – Colorado High School MTB League State Championships – TBD (High School XC)
What started as a small thing back in 2015 blossomed into THE resource for mountain bike racing in Colorado and Wyoming. So as expected, hosting costs and maintaining the website takes more time and money to keep it updated. Any support will be greatly appreciated!
Make a monthly donation
Make a yearly donation
Choose an amount
Or enter a custom amount
Your contribution is appreciated. Ride fast, but most importantly, keep it fun!
Your contribution is appreciated.
Your contribution is appreciated.DonateDonate monthlyDonate yearly
119 thoughts on “Colorado & Wyoming Mountain Bike Race Calendar”
no date yet, but when it comes up the Laramie Roubaix (Gravel Grinder – ish) could be added. http://www.laramiebikenet.org/laramie-roubaix.html
Awesome, I’ll definitely add it when it comes up!
Steamboat has its Town Series info online at: http://www.townchallenge.com/
Thanks! I’ll get those added in!
This is the registration page for the WYOCITY American Mountain Bike Challenge in Casper. http://www.usacycling.org/events/index.php?event=1127&year=2015
Just curious, is there any reason why there’s not a women’s pro class? I have a friend who was thinking of coming with me and racing, but she holds a USAC pro license so it looks like there wouldn’t be a category she could do…
Thank you, looks like the date is set for Ring The Peak, Sept. 3rd. And Banana Belt in Salida Sept. 17th.
Thank you! I’ll get those updated!
Great list Heidi! How about the Epic series in WP? I see that you had it listed in 2015…
Thank you! Last time I checked there was no 2016 dates available. Many of the smaller series don’t have their dates this early in the year. I go through every few weeks and check for updates!
Oskar Blues Old Man Winter – Lyons, CO – 50k/100k loops. 2/7/16 http://oldmanwinterrally.com
Thanks for compiling such a great list!
This is great-Thanks so much for putting it together!
thanks very helpful
the golden giddy up is no on sunday 18
As one of the lesser knows listed above and a rider in general, THANK YOU for the time on your lists! It really does mean ALOT!
Saturday December 3rd – Breckenridge holding the “Fat Bike Open” race. go here: http://www.mavsports.com/events/?event-categories=fat-bike-open
LikeLiked by 1 person
Heidi, thanks for all the work. I’ve used your list to update 1st City Team regarding MTB races. I’ve created a worksheet with event registration deadlines and have also created an ical calendar. Let me know if you would like to collaborate/share lists. Cheers.
You’re welcome! And definitely we can collaborate! 🙂
A good race to add to your list is the Dakota 5-0, very popular with the Fort Collins crowd. http://www.dakotafiveo.com Sept 3, 2017.
I am sticking to just races located in Wyoming or Colorado. I thought about expanding out, but then it would be just too much to keep track of.
Thanks for making this available! great work.
LikeLiked by 1 person
I love this, thank you so much. I’ve decided to do my first enduro race this year (aaahh scary and exciting). It’s exhausting looking for enduro races in Colorado so I made my own list!
Check it out here! http://www.mountainbikeevent.com/2017-colorado-enduro-race-list/
I will like to your site for all other races!
Awesome! I think I’ll just post your link up top to direct enduro people your way 🙂 It’s so hard to keep on top of all these races!
2017 Mountains Revenge will be under the full moon again August 5th-6th. And it will be based on Main St. Montezuma just like the original! Thanks for all the calendar work Heidi!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks! I got it added to the calendar 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks for making this list Heidi!!! You Rock!
Thanks for making this list Heidi! You Rock!
This is awesome… thank you!
HI Heidi, 2017 Steamboat town series dates are up. Come up and try our local races!
Thanks for this schedule it’s my go to for weekend planning.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Awesome, thanks! I had just checked the other night, and they didn’t have the dates, so must’ve just missed it!
Mountain Bike only option
Thanks, got it added! 🙂
Thanks for the list Heidi! Could you please add the Escalante Days Dolores Mountain Bike Race? The 19th Annual race is on Saturday, August 12th. 4 distances on the Boggy Draw trail system: 50mile, 33mile, 18mile, 13mile. Website is http://www.doloresrace.com Thanks!
No problem, got it added! Thanks for letting me know about it!
We’ve opened registration for the Monarch Crest Crank in Salida on Sept. 17, 2017 (www.monarchcrestcrank.com). Thanks for having this list!
Woohoo, got it added! I’m thinking I’m going to come down for the weekend for this actually!
Thanks for putting this together.. indispensable when planning out the race season. You might want to add the power-of-four race at Aspen
Heidi, I’m starting to see some 2018 dates for races. Are you going to put out a 2018 list? I really appreciate your hard work. Thank you.
Hi! I am unsure if I’ll go through all the work again for 2018, as I’m not racing very much. But maybe! 🙂
We have a sick XC course Idea in the colorado springs / Monument area. Do you have any desire to have a race near springs?
keith at email@example.com
Hi! I have done a few races down that way. I am unsure how much I’ll be racing in 2018, but always will entertain the thought of new races in new places!
First I want to thanks a lot to this guy how help to make this awesome list. This is really helpful for all.
Hello Heidi!! This list is great!! Will you be making a 2018 list as well? Thanks again!!
The GJ Off Road is also a great event.
Bike MS: Wyoming’s Bighorn Country Classic. August 10-11, 2019
Thanks again for this Heidi! Best source I’ve found on the interwebz.
New Castle Dirty Dozen. Cross country style race in New Castle, Colorado. We are offering 3 formats, a 1 lap 10 mile race, a 2 lap 20 mile race and a 4 mile youth race. More information can be found at http://www.newcastletrails.com, at @newcastletrailscolorado and registration opens on February 15 at https://ridesandreggae.eventbrite.com
Awesome! I will get this added to the calendar!
New bikepacking race in Steamboat. August 2, 3, and 4th. Unsupported 200 mile. The summer Bear.
Also Escape from Colorado bikepacking race. May 4th in Fairplay.
Here is a rad later season gravel race, the WYO 131
Royal 50 / Gorgeous 25 MTB Races
Saturday and Sunday, August 31-September 1
Royal Gorge Park Trails, Cañon City, CO
Start / Finish fest: Royal Gorge Ranch & Resort (trailside)
50-mile and 25-mile courses. BRAND NEW singletrack, amazing views of the Royal Gorge!
Thank you for adding! Proceeds from this event benefit local trail construction and maintenance.
Hahahaha I didn’t even see your comment when I posted about the Royal!
Check out this new race in Canon City! It was my first race in the fall, and the first year they did it. There’s a 20 and a 50-mile
Thanks for compiling this list!
Thanks for this list! Good job!
Hello, please add the Ride&Revel! charity bike event on July 20 to your list. The ride begins in Greeley and multiple route options are available. Complete details may be found at https://rideandrevel.com/. Thank you!
Thanks for the great list. Just FYI – the RMRS races on 6/28-30 & 8/9-11 are cancelled.
Thanks for the heads up, I’ll make a note of it!
Great list…Thank you! Hoping to see similar lists next year and beyond…
Thanks, Chris! I will definitely keep doing the list in the foreseeable future, and continue to try to expand to downhill and enduro MTB races as well.
Hello – This list is fantastic. Thank you so much. One recent change to a race listed – the Grand Junction Off Road. Due to a conflict, the date is now May 29-31 for 2020. Thanks, and congrats a great season!
Thanks! I’ll will get that date changed 🙂
The New Castle Dirty Dozen is happening again on August 8, 2020. Website is newcastletrails.com and registration is at https://ridesandreggae2020.eventbrite.com. For 2020 we are offering 1 lap, 2 lap and 3 lap formats. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks! I will get it added.
You’re missing the Steamboat Stinger. Great list! Very helpful.
Thank you for pointing that out! No idea how I missed that one on the 2020 list!
Laramie Range Epic website is https://www.laramierangeepic.com/
The old one listed looks like a creepy spammer site.
Thank you! I had forgotten to update it from the old Laramie Enduro site. Too bad they didn’t keep the domain and just redirect it, because that race will be known as the Laramie Enduro to so many of us permanently!
You should definitely add the Drift (13/28/100) fat bike race. http://www.thedrift100.com/100-mile-course/
Thanks! Got it added!
Please list the 12 Hours of Penitence Endurance MTB Race for Saturday, September 19, 2020 on the schedule. Penitente Canyon, San Luis Valley, CO. Great course, food vendors, micro-brew vendors, live band! Lot’s of fun. Thanks!
Please add The 12 Hours of Penitence Endurance MTB Race to the schedule on Saturday, September 19, 2020. Penitente Canyon, San Luis Valley, CO. Great course, food vendors, micro-brews, live band! Lots of fun! Thanks!
Thank you, I got it added!