The old bio: In May 2012 I went from utterly sedentary and unfit to being thrown into the world of cycling, hiking, and other outdoor fun and travels. I jumped head first into the crazy world of competitive cycling, and have gotten to do some awesome things in awesome places! Now I’m a cyclocross racer (singlespeed, please), a “recovering mediocre pro XC mountain biker,” and dabbler of all other things bicycle with a new outlook on life. There’s a big world beyond the couch and TV/computer/game console/desk/whatever, and I’m trying to see as much of it as I can!
I do write in another blog, The Adventuring Heidi, which is where I document all my non-bicycle/competitive cycling adventures and shenanigans if you want to check it out! I decided to “retire” from competitive cycling after the 2021 cyclocross season, and have refocused to being a more rounded athlete – no worries, I’m continuing to make the Colorado & Wyoming mountain bike (and gravel) race calendars! But you will see more activity nowadays on my other blog 🙂
- 2021 USA Cycling Mountain Bike National Championships – 4th Place 35-39 Cat 1 Women
- 2021 Colorado Cross Cup – 3rd Place Singlespeed Women
- 2021 Shimano GRX Cyclocross Series – 2nd Place Singlespeed Women
- 2020 Shimano GRX Cyclocross Series Champion – Singlespeed Women
- 2020 Dead Swede – 1st Place 60 Mile Women
- 2020 Robidoux Quick & Dirty – 1st Place 65 Mile Women
- 2019 Colorado Cross Cup – 2nd Place Singlespeed Women
- 2018 Wyoming Cyclocross State Champion – Open Women
- 2018 Colorado Cross Cup – 2nd Place Singlespeed Women
- 2017 Colorado Cross Cup – 2nd Place Singlespeed Women
- 2016 USA Cycling Hill Climb National Champion – Masters Women 30-39
- 2016 Laramie Mountain Bike Series Open Women Overall Winner
- 2016 Rocky Mountain Regional Cyclocross Champion – Singlespeed Women
- 2016 Colorado Cross Cup – 2nd Place Singlespeed Women
- 2015 Wyoming Cyclocross State Champion – Open Women
Wyoming Tribune-Eagle Cyclocross Story: http://www.wyomingnews.com/things_to_do/article_efd5350b-4c33-5614-9988-530e2789a0d2.html
MTB Race News Tatanka 50 Interview: http://www.mtbracenews.com/news/tatanka-50-race-report
One of my goals is to ride a bike in every single state… my progress so far!
8 thoughts on “About Me”
12 Hours of Penitence in beautiful Penitente Canyon Oct. 14, 2017 in Colorado, Suagche County.
Live music, food, camping!
Teams, duos and individuals welcome.
This endurance race benefits youth NICA mountain bike program.
Major Sponsors: Adams State, Kristi Mountain Sports, Dirt Worx, Del Norte Bank
Hello Heidi –
We would love to see you in the Grand Junction Off Road! May 18-20, check it out at:
http://www.epicrides.com (we are one of four races in the Off-Road series: Prescott, AZ; Grand Junction; Carson City, NV; Bentonville, AR) Its a quick jaunt over the hill.
We have a great event on great trails. It is held in conjunction with the Grand Junction Downtown Music Festival. Great riding, great tunes..
Good luck this season!
I’ve always wanted to make it down there! Unfortunately this year I have a major surgery and will not be racing (or riding) in May. Maybe next year! I really want to get out to Carson City for their event, too.
Hello Heidi – hope this finds you well and all geared up for the holidays. As you make plans for the 2019 season, I wanted to put in a plug again for the Grand Junction Off Road! Hopefully this will be the year you can come on over. And if time allows, the Carson City Off Road as well! Both events are awesome. Registration opens January 1 on the Epic Rides website, and entries are discounted from Jan 1 – 7. Here is a clip from last year to get you excited: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHqT5v6aFfo
Thank you Heidi for listing the inaugural Lake City Alpine 50 on your race schedule, we appreciate it. It is going to be a great race and a wonderful time for people to soak in all the San Juan Mountains have to offer. An alpine classic.
Hey Heidi – thanks for listing the Monarch Crest Crank, I was checking your site to figure out how to get it posted and there it was! You’re an inspiration in many ways – for your riding, adventures and public service – cheers!
Thank you so much for your kind words!
Love the list! Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for making it!